5/1/08

Chicago's NEXT Fair

I have a pulse. My eyes, brain, social functions have recovered from last weekend's Artropolis; I spent most of my time on the NEXT floor with my partner Nick, who wrote some blogs for the Cue Foundation. I heard many were disappointed, overwhelmed -- but the key is to: 1) take several breaks 2) drink 3) spread out your visit by going back a second day.

Anyway, I compiled a list of compelling artists and galleries from the NEXT floor...


Artists:
Marina Gadonneix from Remote Control series:


Todd Simeone

Tim Roda:


Rafal Bujnowski, Cave Exit:


Carl Suddath:


Adam Humphries, from
Cartoon Debris series:


Jonathan Schipper, T
he Slow Inevitable Death of American Muscle:


Brian McNearney and my friend Maria Perkovic had an installation
(a meditiation on the spectacle of the Hidenburg disaster) at Three Walls:


Henrik Stromberg, from Source:


Erik Benson, Goner:


Julian Montague from Stray Shopping Cart Project:



Galleries:
Galerie 5213 - Berlin
Meguimi Ogita - Tokyo
Samson Projects - Boston
Jiri Svestka - Czech Republic
Swarm - CA
Nathan Laramendy - CA
Art Agents - Hamburg
Kaune Sudendorf - Cologne
Roebling Hall - NY
Cue Foundation - NY
Light & Sie - TX

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home